article written by our colleagues from Orange Spain entrebits.com
Love is in the air, sang John Paul Jones back in 1978. Well yes, but perhaps we should be saying ‘Love is in the Net‘. With social networks, people’s love lives have become more public than ever before, but that’s no problem because Facebook users are very discreet and totally opposed to interfering in other people’s lives … aren’t they ?
- According to the World Wide Learn’s infographics, the most likely dates for love to blossom and flourish are February 14 (49%), February 15 (22%), April 1 (20%), December 24 (28%) and December 25 (34%).
- Those ‘we need to talk’ situations arise most often in early spring, summer and just before Christmas. Watch out for weekends, they’re the devil’s work. Firstly because on Monday you’ll be ‘bruised’ but thrust back into reality after all the revelry, and secondly because Saturdays and Sundays are the most likely days for people to pack in a relationship.
- Favorite songs to listen to at the start of a relationship, are ‘Don’t wanna go home’ (Jason Derulo) or ‘Love on top’ (Beyoncé), while the best ones to wallow in sorrow with when it ends are ‘The Cave’ (Mumford & Sons) or ‘Crew Love’ (Drake).
- Approximately half of all Facebook users use the relationship status section, 53% of women and 47% of men. In 2012, 37% were single, 31% married, 22% in a relationship, 5% engaged, 2% undecided and 1% in an open relationship.
- 27% became single and lonely, 25% announced they were in a relationship, 21% got married, 8% became engaged and 3% admitted “it’s complicated”.
- How long does it take people to tell the world the good news? 38% do it immediately, 24% after telling their friends and 24% after the partner changes it first. The percentages for break-ups vary considerably: 52% blurt it out immediately, 19% after telling their friends and 9% after the ex-partner changes it first.
- Three important facts to bear in mind: men who post their relationship status are displaying their great satisfaction with it, as are women who appear with their partner in their profile picture. Women who argue with their partner about the state of their relationship are showing signs of dissatisfaction. Well, whaddya know?
What about you : have you changed your status on Facebook ?