One of the year’s most hotly-anticipated events took place on Wednesday in San Francisco: the presentation of the newest addition to the Cupertino company’s collection, the iPhone 5!
Apple has continued to use the iPhone name; let’s take a look at the new features that it includes:
- a bigger screen (4’’ or 10.2 cm from corner-to-corner) and scratch-resistant
- thinner and lighter (7.6 mm and 112g)
- quicker and more economical thanks to its new A6 micro-processor
- greater connectivity: it runs on high-speed mobile networks such as 4G
- innovative in-ear headphones called “EarPods”, which provide an even better fit for your ears in order to give you unrivalled sound quality
The iPhone 5 also includes a number of new software features:
- higher-quality sound thanks in particular to three microphones that allow the iPhone to concentrate on the source of the sound and reduce any surrounding noise.
- using its 8MP camera, the iPhone 5 offers a 240° panorama mode!
- FaceTime users will be delighted about no longer being constrained by Wi-Fi, as they will now be able to use the video calling service through their mobile network (3G or 4G)
- iOS 6 will make its appearance, with improvements made in particular to Siri (improved voice recognition)
The iPhone 5 also features a new connector, with the new version being smaller, more durable and resistant. Apple has announced that there will be an adaptor so that owners of previous-generation iPhones will still be able to use their accessories.
In conclusion, while this new iPhone may not be completely revolutionary in terms of design, it nevertheless remains rich in new features and will undoubtedly captivate Apple lovers